Here it is August of 2020 and we have no idea how long we’ll be dealing with COVID-19. Our business has taken a hit, but we are hoping late 3rd and 4th quarter will be strong.
As I’ve reflected on the last 5 months, there are so many things I’ve learned. Here are just a few:
- We don’t know what other people are going through. In my case I have a husband who is at very high risk and an aunt who almost died in early April of Covid. So, I view the risks differently than someone who doesn’t know anyone who’s at risk or been very ill from it.
- Don’t overspend when money is plentiful. I am grateful to have started 2020 with a healthy savings account.
- Be thankful for the good things now – stop and smell the roses so to speak. It can change so quickly. There are things in life we can never predict and probably not be able to prepare for. Enjoy the journey now!
- Take care of your customers and your employees as best you can. Everyone was (and maybe still is) scared and concerned about our future.
- Be strategic in your down time. Fortunately, I, like most business owners, had a list of things I planned to get to “eventually.” We started in late March/early April learning new things (Asana how we love you) and working through a huge project. This has helped so much in feeling productive and doing something important.
- Be flexible – Be kind – Be generous – Be available
My business model is a little different in that most of my clients don’t pay monthly retainers. They use hours as they need them. This has served us well -especially now. A couple of clients were badly affected financially by Covid. We’ve been able to give them the time they need to figure things out and we will be here when business picks back up. We’ve also had a couple of clients who decided to work on those “big projects,” and we’ve been happy to help!
As you are looking at 2020 rapidly winding down, what is on your list of things you really want to get done? Are you beating yourself up in your business for not being more productive? We partner with business owners to help them better manage their business. If that sounds like something you would like to know more about, give me a call.
Let me know if we can help!
My Virtual Assistant Pro 803-324-9844 Denise@myvapro.com www.MyVirtualAssistantPro.com