We recently did a kitchen remodel – Cabinets repainted, new countertops and backsplash. We chose to do it in 3 stages and it worked out great for us.
Having the contractor tell us what to expect was so valuable. Sometimes we do things so often we forget what it’s like to not know what to expect. Having our cabinets painted was a good reminder that we may need to be told things multiple times (or in writing is even better). For example – we knew we wouldn’t have use of our cabinets but didn’t realize we couldn’t get to our clean dishes in the dishwasher – or our sink. Everything was covered and sealed.read more…
Most entrepreneurs start their business doing something they love, something they are good at. Students go to college to learn how to do something they love or at least really enjoy and will be paid for. Adults level up in the job market to make more money, work with a better company or do something they’re going to like more. Sometimes there is a passion that fuels that job.read more…
So many business owners start with good intentions on keeping on top of everything. Then one thing leads to another and something has to give. Bookkeeping, taxes, financials…. Quite often those are the things that go to the back burner. Sound familiar? Here are some benefits of regular bookkeeping:read more…
Time Management Tip:
Limit your email updates. Checking your email every 5-10 minutes can leave you feeling overwhelmed and unproductive. Set specific times of the day to check your email, and stick to them!
- To simplify your life/increase your effectiveness.
- Take care of items that don’t interest you – or items a virtual assistant is more qualified to do.
- Anything that frees you to make more money. Figure out how much money you make per hour and decide how much you are losing by doing administrative tasks.
- You continue to put off projects and tasks. Procrastination may cost you more in money and frustration at a later date (late fees, rush shipping, etc.)
- A virtual assistant brings years of experience to your business. They’ve worked with a variety of business people and bring those experiences with them.
- Many virtual assistants are considered business consultants and can offer valuable business insight.
- Stop the cycle of: Making lists, starting things on your list, not finishing said items, beating yourself up for not getting more done.
Life is full of obstacles. Some are small and easily negotiated while others are large and daunting. Obstacles are inevitable.
Several years ago I realized that through those obstacles I learned a lot about myself and grew stronger as I was stretched. It was at that time I started telling myself to enjoy the journey – there are pops of beauty, joy and humor in those difficult times.read more…